8/2/16

18 Ahmed Zewail Quotes : The Egyptian Scientist Nobel prize-winning chemist - Part 1 Of 2

Zewail won the 1999 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his work on femtochemistry, which studies chemical reactions in ultra-short timescales. and became the first Arab scientist to win a Nobel Prize in a scientific field. He known as the "father of femtochemistry".
( Born : February 26, 1946 - Die : August 2, 2016 )
(18)
 Perhaps the most valuable thing he taught me (his father) was : that there is no contradiction between devotion to work and enjoyment of life and people.
(17)
 Personally, I have been enriched by my experiences in Egypt and America, and feel fortunate to have been endowed with a true passion for knowledge.
(16)
 Everybody in the world is - is ready for liberty. It's a question of how you do it.
(15)
 I don't know all the reasons for these achievements, but I know that I love what I do and I have never wanted to rest on my laurels.
(14)
 There is no 'master plan' on the road to the Nobel Prize. It represents a lot of hard work, a passion for that work and ... being in the right place at the right time. For me, that place was Caltech.
(13)
 Reading was and still is my real joy.
(12)
 Investing in science education and curiosity-driven research is investing in the future.
(11)
 As someone from, and directly involved with, this part of the world, I am convinced Arabs are qualified to regain their glorious past.
(10)
A femtosecond is comparable to one second in 32 million years. It is like watching a 32-million-year movie to see one second.
Page ( 1 of 2 )

No comments:

Post a Comment